Major issue when upgrading to New PC and Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I am not an IT person and we are using a very old version of Proclarity.  Here is the version data I got from our IT person...

The installed application is “Proclarity Analytic Platform 4.0 rich client” and the installed IE plugins software are “KProclarityctrl Control 4.0.0.4” and “KSource Class 4.0.0.4”

The issue we have is I have a new PC that is WIndows 7 and also now using IE8.  I can sign in and run an existing report but when I try to add a field to the report I get an error and the report will not run.  If I do the exact same thing on my old PC I have no issues.  On my old PC I am still using IE6.  I believe the issue we have is that you can't run IE6 on a Windows 7 machine??

We did try to do it in Compatability mode but that did not work.

I know this is an old version but that is what we have and need to deal with it.  We also don't have anyone that really know Proclarity (the people that did have since left our company).

Any possible solutions out there?  Please help - we are stuck!!

Thanks in advance.

Friday, February 18, 2011 2:15 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately - we have all experienced this issue. ProClarity simply does not work properly on the new operating systems (especially Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2).

And since support for ProClarity ceases at the end dof 2011 your best option is to start working on the "upgrade": Check out Pyramid Analytics. A fully operational 32-bit and 64-bit analytics solution that was designed to be backwards compatabile with Proclarity and pick up where it left off.

• Edited by Jundan Wu Thursday, February 16, 2012 11:42 PM remove the advertising link.
    Sunday, May 8, 2011 8:26 AM
  • Hi Gbpfan1231,

ProClarity version 6.3 SP3+ is fully supported on Windows 7 - the recommendation is to upgrade.

-Sean

Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 6:06 AM
  • Check out Pyramid Analytics  - its the same interface as proclarity without the compatibility issues - especially 64bit operating systems. It works well on a Mac too!!
    • Edited by Jundan Wu Thursday, February 16, 2012 11:42 PM remove the advertising link.
    Thursday, February 16, 2012 11:04 PM