none
Getting error "A program tires to access data on Outlook, possibly the address book. Would you like to allow that? If this happens automatically, this might be a virus. Thus you should chose "deny"."

Question

• Hi Team,

About 20+ users getting this warning message every now and then, please help to fix this issue.

is it virus ? We already have MCAfee installed for all users.

I have already checked Addins and programmatic ways settings in outlook client.

Already checked links : 

https://support.office.com/en-US/article/I-get-warnings-about-a-program-accessing-email-address-information-or-sending-email-on-my-behalf-86cc5ece-379e-45e3-b8eb-3fefba09946b

Please help.

Thanks

Abhishek 

Abhishek Saxena

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 4:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If this issue not occur on all users, then it's highly possible to be client problem. If so, I suggest to post in outlook forum.

For that 20+ users, if they are using application that trying to send messages through outlook? Close all other applications, just leave Outlook client to check this issue.

Run Outlook.exe /safe command to check this problem.

Best Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, October 15, 2015 7:56 AM
  • Thank you all for reply.

This issue was due to Incorrect code they build in VB macro.

After make correction the issue got resolved.

We also find a workaround - Disable macro  (but it can be harmful )

I hope it will help others. 

Abhishek Saxena

Thursday, October 22, 2015 3:11 PM

All replies

• Getting this error while "executing a customized macro to save emails"

relevant link found : https://www.outlook-apps.com/disable-outlook-security-warning/

not working .. 

Abhishek Saxena

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 4:31 PM
  • Hello

Check one of these users on a non McAfee PC and see if the same error. you can also test this with some other antivirus software.

Also try to exempt the outlook pst and ost files not to be scan by the antivirus McAfee.

MCSE Exchange 2013, MCSA 2012 Server MCTS Exchange 2007,2010, MCITP Exchange 2007,2010 MCSE 2003 Server, MCSA Exchange 2003 ITIL V3 Foundation https://ranaprem.wordpress.com/ This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties,and confers no rights.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 4:56 PM
  • Hi,

If this issue not occur on all users, then it's highly possible to be client problem. If so, I suggest to post in outlook forum.

For that 20+ users, if they are using application that trying to send messages through outlook? Close all other applications, just leave Outlook client to check this issue.

Run Outlook.exe /safe command to check this problem.

Best Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, October 15, 2015 7:56 AM
  • Thank you all for reply.

This issue was due to Incorrect code they build in VB macro.

After make correction the issue got resolved.

We also find a workaround - Disable macro  (but it can be harmful )

I hope it will help others. 

Abhishek Saxena

Thursday, October 22, 2015 3:11 PM