MDT support for Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I apologise if this has already been covered. I read that MDT cannot do Windows 10 deployment until MDT has been upgraded to the next version.(there are ways to force it, but they are not supported).

Has anything been published about when the new version of MDT will be released supporting Windows 10 deployment, given that Microsoft announcedthe release date for Windows 10 earlier ntis week?

Also, are any definitive instructions on what needs to go into a Windows 10 deployment available, or is it case of updating my Windows 8.1 Task Sequence? I'm thinking specifically of some of the pre-requisite stuff that we install, C++ 2005, 2008 etc. I've seen instructions on how to force it to work with the existing version, so I know there is stuff available, I'm more interested in Instructions for the new version of MDT, so that I can hit the ground running when Windows 10 and MDT xxxx get released.

Many Thanks in advance.

Regards

John

Regards, John

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 4:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Take a look at this post. You can use the preview version to deploy Windows 10

http://blogs.technet.com/b/mniehaus/archive/2015/03/03/mdt-2013-update-1-preview-what-s-changed.aspx

I haven't seen a definitive date on when the new version will be out. As for need Visual C++, .Net, etc. That all depends on what other apps you install the may need those frameworks.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

• Marked as answer by JohnWarby Thursday, June 4, 2015 11:39 AM
    Wednesday, June 3, 2015 6:09 PM
  • Hello Dan

Thanks for your reply. The link answers my question - I need to await the release of MDT 2013 Update 1. I will keep my eye out for it.

As forthe query about C++ etc, I will keep deploying what I do already in my W7, W8 and W8.1 Task Sequences. I currently do up to and including C+ + 2012. I also do .Net Framework as standard, up to v4.5. I can see from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_C%2B%2B that C++ 2013 is now available, so I will add that to the Task Sequences as well, and do a bit of testing.

Many Thanks for taking the trouble to answer my question.

Regards

John

Regards, John

Thursday, June 4, 2015 11:38 AM