none
Excel OData Payload Error RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone seen the following Odata error? I'm trying to retrieve 100K records into a report, but Excel is failing to refresh this data connection.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Roland

Thursday, February 5, 2015 5:29 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I have not come across that error before. Have you got the latest patches for Excel 2013? Is this reproducible or a one off?

Also if you have Power Query for Excel 2013 installed, try that to see if that works.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Thursday, February 5, 2015 5:44 PM
  • Hi Paul,

This is Project Online. I'm checking with our tenant admins to see if there's any service issues going on today.

I haven't tried Power Query. I can only use Power Pivot since Power Query doesnt support the Excel Web App refresh.

Thanks,

Roland

Thursday, February 5, 2015 5:54 PM
  • Hi, I have the same error message with a Data Connection in "Excel only" that has 400k rows.
    After approx 380k rows Excel throws the same error message. The datafeed used is almost the same, e.g. Assignment Timephased Data (not Baseline).

Any resolutions would be helpful. With PowerQuery we can DL the data, but as Roland you wrote, cannot refresh via Excel Web App wo a PowerBI subscription.

Also did look at the tenant data for service issues - there were some related to Custom Fields last week, but this week O365 reports "No Issues" and the error message is still the same. 

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 8:37 AM