Gadgets dont remember position after reboot. RRS feed

• Question

• I have noticed in Windows 7RC that the gadget all get stacked at the 0,0 position (top left most point) on the screen. I have tried several options but nothing seems to get them to remember their previous position.
    Angelo => Chief Rocket Scientist
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 2:42 AM

Answers

• Sounds like Dell's drivers weren't quite ready for prime time - have you seen this thread yet?

-Alex
    Friday, June 12, 2009 8:56 PM

All replies

• hmmm...everything works fine on my end.
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 5:49 AM
  • I'm having the same problem and can't seem to get it worked out either. Also I'm running a dual monitor setup, and 7RC always puts the monitors backwards. Every time I reboot, I have to go in and set the monitors up again.
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 1:26 PM
  • Hello Angelo,

Could you provide some hardware and driver information please?
    -Scott
    Friday, June 12, 2009 4:58 AM
  • I know you asked Angelo, but I'll provide my info as I'm having the same problem. Dell E1505 Inspiron laptop.  ATI Mobility Radeon
    X1400. Win 7 beta driver downloaded from Dell. Gadgets stack up at 0,0 (upper left corner).  Also, my secondary monitor is physically located left of my main monitor. Everytime I reboot, Windows puts it on the right so I have to go into the monitor resolution utility and click and drag the monitors to the proper position.
    Friday, June 12, 2009 7:22 PM
  • Sounds like Dell's drivers weren't quite ready for prime time - have you seen this thread yet?

-Alex
    Friday, June 12, 2009 8:56 PM