none
Publish Access Edge, AV, and Web Confrence via Web Application Firewall

Question

• Hi Team,

I have a question, is it possible to publish all edge component trough web access firewall

I have topology edge SFB with 3 ip and use same 443 port

Thanks

Monday, March 20, 2017 9:59 AM

All replies

• Hi lchwan,

Based on your description, you want to publish Edge server by using web access firewall, for this issue, you could use TMG to publish Edge server

When you specify external FQDN and associated port numbers, if you have selected “Use a Single FQDN and IP address” then you have to use different port numbers for all three FQDNs.

The following document is for your reference
    https://jaapwesselius.com/2012/12/21/publish-lync-2013-services-in-tmg-2010/
    https://insidemstech.com/2014/05/10/step-by-step-lync-2013-edge-server/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 2:28 AM
  • Thanks for your answer,

but in your reference (jaapwesselius) its describe for Lync 2013 web services trough reverse proxy

it is ok to publish edge server trough Web Application Firewall ? because my company have policy anyone who publish 443 port, it must be trough web application firewall (f5)

Thanks

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 3:21 AM
  • Hi lchwan,

In the reference article ((jaapwesselius), it uses TMG as Reverse Proxy to publish Edge server, but in fact, Microsoft Forefront TMG is a firewall, so it’s OK to publish Edge server through F5 Web application Firewall.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 4:33 AM