Calendar - UserName or simply Username in the calendar´s list. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am a little bit desperate with the Outlook/Exchange 2010 calendars. I have some Issues, all of them with the View Permissions. Our Idea was to allow everyone to see the calendars of everybody in the company. Unfortunately, we don´t have any other way that to use the ExFolders application to configure the rights for all the User Calendars.

This is definitevely not working. If you use the Set Calendar Permissions in the Tools menu of the ExFolders, it applies sometimes good, sometimes bad the rights i selected. All the users in all the databases, have been configured to have by Default, viewer rights with free/busy details. Even after configure all our databases, sometimes i still see that in some calendars those were not applied.

Additionally i was wondering if the fact that some calendars in outlook are being shown with the Word Calendar before the username, has something to do with it. Some users can not open this calendars, i.e.  "Calendar - John Smith" but in case i would add other shared calendar, using the normal procedure, the same users can see all the details.

I know it would be difficult to understand and my English is not perfect, but these are my questions:

1. Does someone knows the diffence in the calendars list, between the "Calendars - UserName" and the Calendars with just the name? Picture 1.

What is the difference between the calendars with these two different Name´s format ?

2. Is there any command in Power Shell that can help me with it ? I would like to give permissions to all the users or a groups of users to see (as reviewer) all the other users calendars.

3. Does someone know what folders in ExFolders should be modified to have reviewer access in all the Calendar views ?

This one (the one on the top of the image): When you create a new meeting and you want to see if someone is busy. For this case i had to modify the Free/Busy folder in ExFolders.

and this one (at the bottom of the image): The normal Outlook Calendar view. To see this one i had to modify the Calendar folder permissions in ExFolders.

The idea is to get a general Administration of the Calendars and be totally controlled by the administrators. We are using Windows 7 with Outlook 2010 and Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise with Exchange 2010 with the last updates installed in all of the them.

I hope someone can help me with that.

Regards,

Carles.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 4:14 PM

Answers