none
MDT - Application returned an unexpected return code: 2 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi all,

For my company I have to set up a lightouch deployment with MDT 2013.
    Its the first time ever that I have to set up something like this, and i'm learning alot in the process (thanks to technet and all documentation here).  I had some roadblocks along the way, but nothing that I couldn't solve surfing the net for answers.
    Now it seems that I bumped on a roadblock thats not so easy to solve for me.

What have I done ==> I have 2 servers (2012 R2) VM's (DC - domain contoso.com, and my MDT server joined in the same domain).  Later on i will change the domain from my MDT to the domain from my company (once i migrate the MDT from labo-VM to real server).

On my MDT server I have build my MDT reference image (setting up the deployment share, configured permissions for my user, added the win 10 install files, added applications, added all Microsoft Visual C++ installs, created the reference task sequence, wrote the bootstrap.ini and customsettings.ini.

The problem comes when i try to build the windows 10 reference image.  I started building the image on a new VM, everything goes fine, exept that noone of the extra applications that i want to install, are installed.  I get error codes for all of my applications (example: "Application Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 - x64 returned an unexpected return code: 2    ZTIApplications    2/08/2016 15:10:40    0 (0x0000)" ==> Error code from the BDD.Log)

I'm already troubleshouting 2 days on the problem, but i'm completely stuck it seems. Some help is appriciated.

Then after the applications but before the 3e error ill get this 2e error: "Litetouch deployment failed, Return Code = -2147467259  0x80004005    LiteTouch    2/08/2016 15:11:15    0 (0x0000)"

Another 3e error ill get is this "The network path was not found" ==> Unable to connect to \\MDT01\Logs$.  Sleeping for 15 seconds.    LiteTouch    2/08/2016 15:11:51    0 (0x0000) ==> Unable to connect to share: The network path was not found. ( 0x80070035 ) , trying to connect without username.     LiteTouch    2/08/2016 15:12:07    0 (0x0000).

This repeats a few times and then i get this: "ERROR - Unable to map a network drive to \\MDT01\Logs$.    LiteTouch    2/08/2016 15:12:52    0 (0x0000)" ==> "An invalid SLShare value of \\MDT01\Logs$ was specified.    LiteTouch    2/08/2016 15:12:52    0 (0x0000)"

Here are my logs (ill post everything like passwords and such to since its not the real deal atm, but a labo environment:

BOOTSTRAP.INI

[Settings]
    Priority=Default

[Default]
    DeployRoot=\\MDT01\MDTBuildLab$
    UserDomain=CONTOSO
    UserID=admin-mm
    UserPassword=Appel.Sap

KeyboardLocalePE=nl-be;0813:00000813

CUSTOMSETTINGS.INI

[Settings]
    Priority=Model,Default

[Default]
    _SMSTSORGNAME=Contoso
    UserDataLocation=NONE
    DoCapture=YES
    OSInstall=YES
    AdminPassword=Appel.Sap
    TimeZoneName=Central Europian Time
    JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP
    HideShell=YES
    FinishAction=SHUTDOWN
    DoNotCreateExtraPartition=YES
    WSUSServer=http://mdt01.contoso.com:8530
    ApplyGPOPack=NO
    SLSHARE=\\MDT01\Logs$

SkipAppsOnUpgrade=YES
    SkipCapture=NO
    SkipAdminPassword=YES

SkipProductKey=YES

SkipBDDWelcome=YES
    BDERequired=NO

DoNotCreateExtraPartition=YES
    SkipApplications=YES

SkipComputerBackup=YES
    SkipDomainMembership=YES
    SkipBitLocker=YES
    SkipUserData=YES
    SkipBitLockerDetails=YES

SkipLocaleSelection=YES
    UserDataLocation=NONE
    UILanguage=en-US
    UserLocale=nl-be
    KeyboardLocale=nl-be;0813:00000813

SkipComputerName=YES
    SkipTaskSequence=NO
    SkipRoles=YES

SkipTimeZone=YES
    TimeZone=105
    TimeZoneName=Romance Standard Time

SkipSummary=YES
    SkipFinalSummary=YES

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 12:36 PM

All replies

• Ah, I forgot to say this.  When i close the error code window after the reference image is build, the client VM restarts and i can log on in windows 10 with the local administrator.  The reference image works! But nothing from extra applications is installed.
    Wednesday, August 3, 2016 12:51 PM