Active Directory operation failed on "DC02.cob.lcl". You cannot retry this operation: "The search filter is invalid." RRS feed

• Question

• The server had a power failure and I was unable to get the front end service started. I reverted back to a snap shot that had the server working and now I am unable to search LPAD or add users from the Skype for business control panel.

I get the error Active Directory operation failed on "COBDC02.cob.lcl". You cannot retry this operation: "The search filter is invalid."

I know AD is working on the network and I manually binded to LDAP on DC02

How can I fix this problem?

Jeremy Robertson Network Admin

Thursday, December 15, 2016 7:57 PM

Answers

• Does powershell stuff like Get-CSUser , Set-CSUser, Enable-CSUser work? 
    • Marked as answer by hotrodjeremy Thursday, December 15, 2016 9:05 PM
    Thursday, December 15, 2016 9:00 PM

All replies

• Does powershell stuff like Get-CSUser , Set-CSUser, Enable-CSUser work? 
    • Marked as answer by hotrodjeremy Thursday, December 15, 2016 9:05 PM
    Thursday, December 15, 2016 9:00 PM
  • Hi hotrodjeremy,

Did you resolve the issue with the method provided by Maxim?

If the issue persists, please try to update your SQL DB of Lync server to latest.

There is a similar case for your reference
    https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/561958-can-add-users-to-lync

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 5:39 AM