ACT 5.5 Collecting and processing generated log file from mobile users RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have setup ACT 5.5 on Windows 2008 server (SQL 2005 db).  Some portion of our employees are mobile users, and I have provided them the data collection package (msi) that collects locally.  They have provided the CAB files generated by running the msi package.  I have placed those BKT* and STATUS* CAB files under the LogShare share on the ACT server, but they are not processing.  What are the steps for manually copied log files to be processed like other data collection packages that automatically place the log files to the LogShare share?

Thank you,
    hkp11

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 4:13 PM

Answers

• They should just be placed in the Logshare folder, try restarting the ACT server to see if it starts to process

• Marked as answer by hkp11 Thursday, February 11, 2010 5:36 PM
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 2:09 PM

All replies

• They should just be placed in the Logshare folder, try restarting the ACT server to see if it starts to process

• Marked as answer by hkp11 Thursday, February 11, 2010 5:36 PM
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 2:09 PM
  • Hi OlavT,

I didn't check to see if the ACT Log Processing Service was running :(  which was the issue. I placed the cab files under the parent LogShare and it worked. I see the computer BTK/STATUS xml files under the Processed folder.  Now the Application Compatibiity Manager does not show the computer data yet.  How long does it usually take to update the ACM list?

Thank you for your help!
    hkp11
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 2:42 PM
  • Hi OlavT,

Never mind!  I had previously made the same computer part of the domain and collected the application compatibility info, and then put in a workgroup/renamed the computer and re-ran the msi collection pkg.  The computer still had the same IP address, even though the computer was renamed, so the SQL ACT db had the one computer.  It updated the info after a couple of hours with the new computer name.

Thanks!
    hkp11
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 5:36 PM