none
Setting Maximum concurrent smtp outbound connection limits

Question

• We are switching to a smart host service that has a limit of 10 concurrent connections. I would like to understand where this can be configured in our Exchange server. Would the correct powershell command to use be the following?

Set-Transportserver -MaxOutboundConnections 10

I originally thought this could be accomplished on the send connector using the Set-SendConnector cmdlet, but the only option is to use "SmtpMaxMessagesPerConnection" which does not appear to be the correct option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jose.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 11:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• We are switching to a smart host service that has a limit of 10 concurrent connections. I would like to understand where this can be configured in our Exchange server. Would the correct powershell command to use be the following?

Set-Transportserver -MaxOutboundConnections 10

I originally thought this could be accomplished on the send connector using the Set-SendConnector cmdlet, but the only option is to use "SmtpMaxMessagesPerConnection" which does not appear to be the correct option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jose.

Try 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj215682(v=exchg.160).aspx

The MaxOutboundConnections parameter specifies the maximum number of outbound connections that can be open at a time. The default value is 1000. The valid input range for this parameter is from 1 through 2147483647. If you enter a value of unlimited, no limit is imposed on the number of outbound connections. The value of the MaxOutboundConnectionsparameter must be greater than or equal to the value of the MaxPerDomainOutboundConnections parameter.

Thursday, November 16, 2017 12:36 AM
  • Hi,

That's the correct setting if you want to have a max connection to the smart host at one time. 

• Marked as answer by krakatao Friday, November 17, 2017 10:01 PM
    Thursday, November 16, 2017 1:16 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, it's correct.

It's recommended to refer to: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb232205(v=exchg.160).aspx

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by krakatao Friday, November 17, 2017 10:01 PM
    Thursday, November 16, 2017 7:00 AM