Hub Sites -> Communications Sites RRS feed

• Question

• In SharePoint Online, as a global admin, I created a modern Communications site. I then created a 2nd modern Communications site and registered this as a hub site (Register-SPOHubSite). I then went to the original communications site, settings -> site information and intended to associate this with my hub site, but the option to assign this site to a hub site wasn't available. Is there something I need to do to enable this option? I tried waiting a bit, refreshing the browser, but to no avail.

I'm a site owner on both sites.

Friday, April 20, 2018 10:32 AM

Answers

• Hi PetyrBaelish,

Please, read the next message from the Office 365 Message Center:

"We'll be gradually rolling this out to Targeted Release organizations in late March and we anticipate rollout completion to all organizations by mid-May."

Best regards.

EP!! Blog: https://keepcalmlovesharepoint.wordpress.com/ MCP SharePoint 2013 | Exchange Admin | Office 365

• Proposed as answer by Sara Fan Monday, April 23, 2018 1:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by PetyrBaelish Monday, April 23, 2018 11:33 AM
    Friday, April 20, 2018 5:42 PM

All replies

• Hi PetyrBaelish,

Can you share the information that you get when you run the next command, please?

Get-SPOHubSite

Notes from https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/SharePoint-Blog/Organize-your-intranet-with-SharePoint-hub-sites/ba-p/174081

Associating a site under a hub site

Once a hub site is established, it’s then a two-click process to associate to the hub site.

As the site owner, go to the site you want to have associated to the hub site. Click Settings (gear icon) > Site information > hub site association and select the desired hub.  You’ll only see the hubs you have permission to associate to. And then click Save. You will see the hub navigation appear above. The site itself will inherit the hub theme, and news and activities will begin to flow up to the hub site home page – along with a search crawl of content for any site associated to the hub site. And at any time, per a reorg or change in business direction, you can easily move sites between hub sites. This is the power of a dynamic intranet, one that can change and adapt with the ebb and flow of your ever-changing business landscape. Note: individual sites can only be associated to one hub site at a time.

Best regards.

EP!! Blog: https://keepcalmlovesharepoint.wordpress.com/ MCP SharePoint 2013 | Exchange Admin | Office 365

Friday, April 20, 2018 3:03 PM
  • Thanks for your response

I've ran Get-SPOHubSite and the output is the ID, Title, SiteID & SiteURL of the hub site I registered. The LogoUrl, Description and Permissions are blank.

The link you have provided is the one I was working from, but upon clicking site information on the site (a modern communications site), there is no option for hub sites, just site name, site description, view all site settings & delete site.

As previously stated I am a site owner for both sites (the hub site, and the one I want to join to the hub site).

Friday, April 20, 2018 4:16 PM
  • Hi PetyrBaelish,

Please, read the next message from the Office 365 Message Center:

"We'll be gradually rolling this out to Targeted Release organizations in late March and we anticipate rollout completion to all organizations by mid-May."

Best regards.

• Proposed as answer by Sara Fan Monday, April 23, 2018 1:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by PetyrBaelish Monday, April 23, 2018 11:33 AM
    Friday, April 20, 2018 5:42 PM
  • Hi PetyrBaelish,

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 23, 2018 1:24 AM