none
Project Lite User unable to Edit or Checkout a Project in Project Online RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently setup Project Online and added three new Project Lite users. Now I need this users to be able to edit the Schedules by checking out the project, is that possible? Right now I have try everything in terms of sharing and granting different type of permissions but my project lite users seems to be only capable to see the schedule… is there a way to achieve what I’m looking for? I’m starting to think that I made a mistake recommending Project Lite.

Monday, July 25, 2016 11:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Carlos,

First of all, there is no relation or verification between the licence type and the authorizations in terms of features. That being said, Lite users are just supposed to consult projects and do timesheets, NOT edit the project plans. For that they'd need a Project Online licence.

Secondly, what permission mode do you use? Project Server permissions or Sharepoint permissions? Note that assigning a licence is not enough to allow users working with Project. You also need to give them permissions through security groups (Project Server permissions mode) or sharing projects with them (Sharepoint permissions mode).

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 7:50 AM