Bypass Downloader to open .jpg RRS feed

• Question

• Have an enterprise system where the UI runs in IE.  I am trying open a link that points to a .jpg file.  IE automatically opens up the Download Manager and asks if I want to save the file.  after I save I can open the file.  How can I bypass the download manager and just have IE or any other program open the .jpg? 
    Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

right click on the link and select Copy URL from the context menu and paste it back here.....

Links in web pages can be crafted to hide the true origin and type of file resource.

eg. <a href="#" onclick="window.location='//blackhat.com/dancingbear.jsp?file=virus.exe'>cute dancing bear</a>

When asking a question in internet related forums please include links to any webpage or resource that you are having issue with your questions.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Post questions about html, css and scripting for website development to the MSDN IE Web Development forum. Include with your question a link to your website or your complete webpage markup.

Regards.

Rob^_^

• Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Monday, December 1, 2014 10:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LS Wednesday, December 3, 2014 9:39 AM
    Friday, November 21, 2014 12:15 AM