Cannot Send Email but can Receive email from certain user RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are experiencing problems possible on sending email to certain domain.

one user cannot send email if it's she is creating a new email but if she only reply from that sender the sender receive the email.

one user cannot send email from two diffrent domain. i tried to re-create the profile and after that i've send a test email to both and only one got my email.

we confirmed to our ISP that nothing on our end is being blocked also did a Email Auditing/Tracking and every email from a specific user in our organization was showing a "Delivered" status.. No NDR from our user.

what might be the cause?

Friday, November 30, 2012 9:59 PM

Answers

• What version of Exchange are you using?

There's actually a couple different problems here with possibly different causes.

In the case where you send to two different domains and only the sender in one of the two domains received the message, the first thing that comes to mind is some spam filter at some point in the path.

No NDR? Well, if the recipient's system accepts the message but later flags it as spam and quarantines it, or if Outlook places it in the Junk Mail folder, the recipient will never see it in their Inbox but the message may appear to have been delivered.

Have the recipients examined this possiblity?

If there is no NDR, that usually means the message made it to the other organization. What happens once it gets there is another story.

I'm not sure about the one where you can reply but not send a fresh (brand new) message.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

• Marked as answer by iAmYnoht Sunday, December 2, 2012 2:11 AM
    Friday, November 30, 2012 10:59 PM

All replies

• What version of Exchange are you using?

There's actually a couple different problems here with possibly different causes.

In the case where you send to two different domains and only the sender in one of the two domains received the message, the first thing that comes to mind is some spam filter at some point in the path.

No NDR? Well, if the recipient's system accepts the message but later flags it as spam and quarantines it, or if Outlook places it in the Junk Mail folder, the recipient will never see it in their Inbox but the message may appear to have been delivered.

Have the recipients examined this possiblity?

If there is no NDR, that usually means the message made it to the other organization. What happens once it gets there is another story.

I'm not sure about the one where you can reply but not send a fresh (brand new) message.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

• Marked as answer by iAmYnoht Sunday, December 2, 2012 2:11 AM
    Friday, November 30, 2012 10:59 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.

That's what i am thinking too up to this time..we made calls to our ISP and checked our Email System and what you have said is the same as they said.

We're still waiting for the other organization to confirmed that they've checked their spam filter. people in our organization wants us to further checked on this that's why i posted here for more workaround or if we missed something.

You're thought is the same as ours that means and i confirmed we are on the same page.thanks

Sunday, December 2, 2012 2:11 AM
  • Exchange Server 2007 to answer your question. thanks again
    Sunday, December 2, 2012 5:45 AM