Unable to set send-as permissions because of hundrets of duplicate permissions RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

we are unable to set send-as permissons to mailboxes where more than 10 users already habe send-as permissions.

when i use get-adpermission -identity "mailbox_abc" i get 4309 lines with permissions. But most are duplicates. every permission is set 31 times.

when i remove a user there are 4278 lines, when i add an user there are 4309 lines.

it seems that every account has between 1000 and 4000 permission lines

when i use the GUI i only see 10 different permissions

how can i fix it?

thankyou in advance boris

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 3:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If possible, please collect the Send As permission user list in Exchange Management Console:

Open EMC > expand Recipient Configuration > Mailbox. Right-click mailbox_abc and click Manage Send As Permission. Back up the information there.

Then we can go to Active Directory Users and Computers to check send as permissions for Mailbox_abc:

1. In ADUC, expand domain.com and click Users.

2. Right-click mailbox_abc, select Properties.

3. In Security tab, check whether the permission for 5 users SAMPLE\gka, SAMPLE\ma, SAMPLE\zr, SAMPLE\fh, SAMPLE\MT are only set to Send As.

4. If so, please remove these 5 Users. Then run the command I posted above to check Send As permission now.

5. If there are no duplicate lines, please add the users back to have a try.

Regards,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, July 31, 2014 2:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To view Send As permission to a specific mailbox, we can use the following command to get it:

Get-ADPermission -Identity "mailbox_abc" | ?{($_.ExtendedRights -like "*send-as*") -and -not ($_.User -like "nt authority\self")} | select identity,user

Then check whether the results are the same as user lists who have send as permission in GUI.

If you want to set Send as permission for a user, we can use the following command:

Add-ADPermission -Identity “mailbox_abc” -User UserA -Extendedrights "Send As"

If there is any further question, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 5:30 AM
  • my problem are the hundreds of duplicates

this is the output

Get-ADPermission -Identity "mailbox_abc" | ?{($_.ExtendedRights -like "*send-as*") -and -not ($_.User -like "nt authority\self")} | select identity,user

Identity                                                    User
    --------                                                    ----
    sample.domain/MyBusiness/Users/SBSUsers/sample Mitglied           NT-AUTORITÄT\SELBST
    sample.domain/MyBusiness/Users/SBSUsers/sample Mitglied           SAMPLE\gka
    sample.domain/MyBusiness/Users/SBSUsers/sample Mitglied           SAMPLE\ma
    sample.domain/MyBusiness/Users/SBSUsers/sample Mitglied           SAMPLE\zr
    sample.domain/MyBusiness/Users/SBSUsers/sample Mitglied           SAMPLE\fh
    sample.domain/MyBusiness/Users/SBSUsers/sample Mitglied           SAMPLE\MT
    sample.domain/MyBusiness/Users/SBSUsers/sample Mitglied           NT-AUTORITÄT\SELBST

alltogether 4300 duplicate lines but only 5 different accounts

rg. borris

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 12:07 PM
  • Hi,

If possible, please collect the Send As permission user list in Exchange Management Console:

Open EMC > expand Recipient Configuration > Mailbox. Right-click mailbox_abc and click Manage Send As Permission. Back up the information there.

Then we can go to Active Directory Users and Computers to check send as permissions for Mailbox_abc:

1. In ADUC, expand domain.com and click Users.

2. Right-click mailbox_abc, select Properties.

3. In Security tab, check whether the permission for 5 users SAMPLE\gka, SAMPLE\ma, SAMPLE\zr, SAMPLE\fh, SAMPLE\MT are only set to Send As.

4. If so, please remove these 5 Users. Then run the command I posted above to check Send As permission now.

5. If there are no duplicate lines, please add the users back to have a try.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Thursday, July 31, 2014 2:27 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates?

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Monday, August 4, 2014 7:42 AM