none
Data protection manager 2012 3312 catalog failing after successful backups Possible solution!! RRS feed

• Question

• After seeing several post with no viable solutions, to this problem where after a successful backup the catalog creation fails and tells you to rerun a tape catalog job bla bla bla. anyhow, I believe I have figured it out and am now testing it.  It appears that one of my previous engineers who was involved with testing DPM 2007, also installed and was pseudo using DPM SRT 2007 "System Recovery Tool".  Which was an add on for 2007 DPM that allowed a bare metal recovery thru seperate means.  anyhow, ever one of my servers having this issue, still has this installed. Whe we deployed DPM 2010 and then 2012 we assumed the upgraded would have seen, removed anything that didn't work with it.  Wrong.  It left the whole system on ever server it was installed upon.  Do now I'm going back and removing the SRT program from systems that I have dpm 2012 on. I might have to reinstall DPM 2012 after removal but not a big deal.  Hopefully this will help someone else who has this DPM 2012 Catalog failure error 3312.  It is quite annoying when the whole system is running very sweet, high performance etc, but you have no catalog to go to.  LOL.
    Saturday, May 12, 2012 1:17 PM

Answers