Report while giving Hyperlink open in new window RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
    I have one customer requirement I have given one hyperlink to open a report when click the hyperlink property(Hyperlink alredy created in the KPI) it will open the report.it will not shown the original scorecard where i have clicked the hyperlink property,I want report should open in new window when i click the hyperlink property without closing the scorecard where we have hyperlink property column.
    Thanks,
    Ravitamil
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 11:24 AM

Answers

• Did you download the SampleFile2 file link (ASPX File Redirect to New Page SampleFile2) from the blog posting and setup the redir.aspx pages as stated?  The updated sample file has the aspx file that has the javascript that will open the URL to new window, but if you are not naming the parameter as specified you will need to update the aspx file sine it is looking for 'OverridingURL'.

Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by ravitamil Friday, April 17, 2009 10:08 AM
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 1:32 PM

All replies

• What does your hyperlink property look like and how do you have this setup now?  Have you tried to include javascript with this at all so something like the following:

javascript:window.open('<INSERT YOUR URL HERE>');

After looking around though, you might just want to check out this posting on the PerformancePoint Team blog site - Implementing a Hyperlink from a KPI in a Scorecard.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 12:35 PM
  • Hi Dan,
    I have published the report to the sharepoint site(for eg. http://servername/portals/SD/BI%20Reports/Monthwise%20Details/BIglobal%20Monthwise.aspx').In the KPI we have property window I have created custom property ,given name for the property as DETAIL,Type I have choosen as hyperlink and URL field i have given http://servername/portals/SD/BI%20Reports/Monthwise%20Details/BIglobal%20Monthwise.aspx.In the scorecard I have added from the properties from details pane i have now DETAIL is there,I had drag and drop DETAIL property in the scorecard as column,and published the scorecard.when i click the DETAIL it will open the report in the same window.I want when I click it will open in new window.I have already gone through that blog.
    Give me the solution,if you know any further detail let me know.
    Thanks,
    Ravitamil
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 1:22 PM
  • Did you download the SampleFile2 file link (ASPX File Redirect to New Page SampleFile2) from the blog posting and setup the redir.aspx pages as stated?  The updated sample file has the aspx file that has the javascript that will open the URL to new window, but if you are not naming the parameter as specified you will need to update the aspx file sine it is looking for 'OverridingURL'.

Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by ravitamil Friday, April 17, 2009 10:08 AM
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 1:32 PM
  • Hi All,
    I have downloaded Sample2 file from the performance point blog and Implemented.
    Now its working.
    Thanks,
    Ravitamil
    Friday, April 17, 2009 10:09 AM