Windows Vista startuprepair RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

My notebook Acer Aspire 5920G-933G32Bn with Windows Vista Home Premium doesn't start. After the progress bar appears the screen wents blue:  A problem has been detected, Windows shuts the computer down to prevent damage.

I did start up repair and get the following:

Problem Signature:

Problem Event Name:         Startuprepair V2

Problem Signature 1:      Auto Failover

Problem Signature 2:     6.0.6000.16386.6.0.6001.18000

Problem Signature 3:     6

Problem Signature 4:     917517

Problem Signature 5:     0xf4

Problem Signature 6:     0xf4

Problem Signature 7:     0

Problem Signature 8:     2

Problem Signature 9:     WrpRepair

Problem Signature 10:   267

OS Version:                  6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID:                    1033

I tried system restore, didn't work

Memory diagnostic tools no problem

and check disc found registry problems

Nothing helped so far, can't start in safe mode either.

Thanks for your help

Mon

Monday, January 17, 2011 8:02 AM

Answers

• Is there any message like "No signals" on the screen?

At this point, remove all unnecessary external devices like keyboard, drive, audio card and display card, battery to check the result. Check if you can boot into BIOS.

Boot in BIOS by pressing Del, F2 or other keys which is different from brands of computers.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, January 24, 2011 9:07 AM

All replies

• Can you access Windows' Advanced Boot (F8) options?  Please try to Enable Boot Logging (then attempt to boot) and supply a copy of the text found in: c:\windows\ntbtlog.txt
    -I Don't Need A Signature-
    Monday, January 17, 2011 11:26 PM
  • Hi,

Try Using Last Known Good Configuration to check if you can log in the system.

If it does not help, in-place upgrade would be suggested to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Magon LiuModerator Monday, January 24, 2011 3:01 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by mon9999 Monday, January 24, 2011 3:41 AM
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 8:55 AM
  • Hi,

Now I just get a black screen. I press the start button and the screen stays completly black. The lights go on and I hear the computer starting but the screen stays black.

Any suggestion?

Monday, January 24, 2011 3:44 AM
  • Is there any message like "No signals" on the screen?

At this point, remove all unnecessary external devices like keyboard, drive, audio card and display card, battery to check the result. Check if you can boot into BIOS.

Boot in BIOS by pressing Del, F2 or other keys which is different from brands of computers.

Regards,

Monday, January 24, 2011 9:07 AM