User Title not Updated in Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Dears,

Recently we updated Microsoft exchange SP1 to SP3 with rollup update, when I change title for user it will not updated in outlook, even I tried to update offline address book in exchange mailbox organization configuration, even I restart Microsoft Exchange file distribution and restart iis too, but still same problem, I'm not sure the problem with outlook office or exchange server, appreciate any help.

We are using two exchange 2010 SP3 servers DAG with windows 2008 R2.

Thanks.

• Edited by Dana.Kadi Thursday, December 17, 2015 10:19 AM More Info
    Thursday, December 17, 2015 10:16 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Did you change the user title in AD or in Exchange Management Console?

Have you tried switching to online Exchange mode to see the result?

Your GAL entries are cached to the OAB-file when you are in cached Exchange mode. When you make changes in the Active Directory you have to wait till the Exchange Server has generated a new OAB and Outlook has downloaded the new OAB. How long that takes depends on your System configuration. We have to first make sure that the Exchange Server has generated a new OAB. Here you can find futher information:

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/oabupdate.htm

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, December 29, 2015 7:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, December 30, 2015 9:13 AM
    Friday, December 18, 2015 5:58 AM
  • Hi Dana,

Could you try to check it from OWA.

If its reflected there obviously you have to download address book again. (before delete the old OAB in  your local outlook profile directory)

Remove the recipient cache in outlook new mails (click new mail type user name & select cross mark)

Friday, December 18, 2015 10:56 AM