none
Again, again ... error 0x80004002 efter updating to Windows 10 1903 ! RRS feed

• Question

• I've updated 3 times - 1709-1803-1903 and every time - every single one of them - there was fatal errors concerning network and my Access. About Access I have another thred going.

Here I want some help to solve error 0x80004002 concerning my NAS-drive or the icon made by Windows representing the NAS-drive - normally I would go to the administration site of the NAS-drive by double-clicking that icon - after updating to 1903 I get this error 0x80004002.

MS gives some explanation here:

https://support.microsoft.com/da-dk/help/832489/no-such-interface-supported-0x80004002-error-message-when-you-use-micr

But I have no such keys in my regestry - then I could download a "Mssecure.cab security update"-CAB file ... but what should I do with that ... I don't know !

My NAS-drive works - but now and then I want to go to the administrator site and now I can't !

How do I solve this Error 0x80004002 ?

Thursday, November 14, 2019 5:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• MBSA is retired from Microsoft/Windows,as it was a great OS utility,it no longer is available..To upgrade Win 10,simply download the Microsoft/Windows Media Creation Tool,&/or Windows 10 upgrade advisor.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Search/en-US?query=windows%2010%20media%20creation%20tool&ac=5

Once installed,re-install the MB controller software/drivers,get this at youre pc mfg web site,or the MB hardware sites (Intel/AMD/etc)  A default upgrade is needed,thru the above link.

• Marked as answer by Ksor2 Friday, November 15, 2019 4:20 PM
    Thursday, November 14, 2019 7:18 PM
  • ????

I don't get you - I did nothing else than let Windows "update itself" - these problems was PUSHED on me.

Why does Windows not 'update' what is needed to 'update' itself in the first place and let me have my coffee in peace.

I stayed on 1709 for a very long time because I'm sick and tired of all these problems pushed on me every time I do a 'bigger' update (1709->1803) For an equal long time I was prompted/poked to update. Now I did  I'm back into a swamp of problems again.

I don't know what all the abbreviations mean so please be kind and tell me what I should install (with some links) and in what order I should install them - thx in advance ;-))

Thursday, November 14, 2019 7:58 PM
  • Hi ,

Can you access the NAS with a browser by typing the IP address of the NAS in the address bar?

Or enter \\nas-ip-address in the file explorer address bar to access the NAS?

Here is a similar thread, you might have a look:

Error 0x80004002 No such interface supported

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Friday, November 15, 2019 8:00 AM
  • >Candy Luo

"Can you access the NAS with a browser by typing the IP address of the NAS in the address bar?

Or enter \\nas-ip-address in the file explorer address bar to access the NAS?"

Both of these I can do - only the Windows created icon (I normally use !) can't bring me to that administrators site.

Friday, November 15, 2019 11:02 AM
  • This is true for machines ALREADY set up:

"Or enter \\nas-ip-address in the file explorer address bar to access the NAS?"

Both of these I can do - only the Windows created icon (I normally use !) can't bring me to that administrators site."

Now I'm setting up a LenovoW520 with 1903 from scratch and it's true here too but I CAN'T connect the NAS-drive as a network drive - the Raidar (the NETGEAR locater app sees the drive well and OK) but Windows shows NO ICON for the drive so I can't connect to it !

What can I do to connect to the drive in Windows ?

Friday, November 15, 2019 12:28 PM