none
How to Auto save credentials in IE,Edge Browser? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

i want to auto save  credentials during sign in instead of doing manually. is there any way please guide me?

Thanks.

• Edited by JiteshKumar Saturday, March 11, 2017 7:03 AM
    Saturday, March 11, 2017 5:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It depends on how a particular website has been programmed or which form-filling or password managers you have installed.

For security reasons it is 'Good practice' for web sites to prompt to save your login credentials. Usually account creation requires account verification (either by email or txt).... your credentials to a site may not work until they are verified.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us. Include with your questions links to any websites that you are having problems with.

Rob^_^

Saturday, March 11, 2017 9:35 PM
  • any update?
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 5:27 AM
  • any update? No... try your duplicate posts on other forums.

Rob^_^

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 8:19 AM
  • HI,

When you visit a website that requires you to sign in, Microsoft Edge will ask if you want your user name and password remembered. The next time you visit the site, Microsoft Edge will finish filling in your account info. Password saving is on by default, but here's how to turn it on or off: 

1. In Microsoft Edge, select More actions> Settings > View Advanced Settings.
    2. Turn Offer to save passwords to Off.

Note: This does not delete previously saved passwords. To do that, go to Settings, select Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data, and then choose Passwords.

In all, it cannot auto save in the first time.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 9:34 AM
  • Thanks, But i want to auto save password for all sites which i have used in IE or EDGE. so that i can access these credentials from ControlPanel >Credentials Manager.

when i am trying to turn on save password offer. i have to click Yes to save password after that password will save. i don't need below prompt.

• Edited by JiteshKumar Wednesday, March 15, 2017 12:12 PM
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 11:02 AM
  • Thanks, But i want to auto save password for all sites which i have used in IE or EDGE. so that i can access these credentials from ControlPanel >Credentials Manager.

when i am trying to turn on save password offer. i have to click Yes to save password after that password will save. i don't need below prompt.

No, it cannot auto save password without click "Yes" in this prompt. This break security rule.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 6:31 AM