Any recent programs to change Windows 7 'All Programs" around? RRS feed

• Question

• I don't like icons on my desktop and I detest to levels I cannot express many features of Windows 7. I have a laptop and when I am doing alot of typing, at times I guess my wrists come close (wow, you'd think it was in the center of the keypad or something) to the touchpad and the view will zoom in or out. I really find there are very few customizations available for settings on Windows 7 and next time I will buy a mac. Till then, any legitamate safe payware or anything which can do make the inconvient Windows 7 all programs more like Windows XP's was?
    Saturday, January 29, 2011 2:21 PM

Answers

• What are you looking for?  I have Windows 7 and I hate having icons on my desktop (not even the recycle bin is there for me), so I'm sure that since I have a similar mind set, I can help you achieve whatever you seek if you let me know what you're trying to accomplish.

As for touchpad sensitivity: you'd have to take that up with whoever built it.  Most of the time there are sensitivity adjustments you can make in the options, but it's controlled by the driver.  Microsoft doesn't build the options for touchpads, but if your manufacturer has been nice enough to include the software they built (or licensed to use), you can get to it from the Hardware tab of your Mouse Control Panel.

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Monday, February 14, 2011 4:18 AM
    Monday, January 31, 2011 4:45 AM
  • Touchpad related tools and controls should be provided by the laptop manufacturer. Please contact the manfuacturer for these programs.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Monday, February 14, 2011 4:17 AM
    Monday, January 31, 2011 9:19 AM

All replies

• What are you looking for?  I have Windows 7 and I hate having icons on my desktop (not even the recycle bin is there for me), so I'm sure that since I have a similar mind set, I can help you achieve whatever you seek if you let me know what you're trying to accomplish.

As for touchpad sensitivity: you'd have to take that up with whoever built it.  Most of the time there are sensitivity adjustments you can make in the options, but it's controlled by the driver.  Microsoft doesn't build the options for touchpads, but if your manufacturer has been nice enough to include the software they built (or licensed to use), you can get to it from the Hardware tab of your Mouse Control Panel.

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Monday, February 14, 2011 4:18 AM
    Monday, January 31, 2011 4:45 AM
  • Touchpad related tools and controls should be provided by the laptop manufacturer. Please contact the manfuacturer for these programs.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Monday, February 14, 2011 4:17 AM
    Monday, January 31, 2011 9:19 AM