Context Menu Handler in APP-v 5.1 Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I have Sequenced the TortoiseSVn application as Virtual  using APPv 5.1 tool and While testing the application i am not getting the expected results.

For example when i right click on any folder on my local desktop then contextMenu handler options are not appearing.

However when i try to open the virtual environment and then right click on any folder i can see the Context menu options appearing.

Also the registry things are appearing locally as well.

Do i need to take any extra things into consideration.?

Please could you advise how to resolve this issue.

Any help is much appreciated.

Umeed4u

Thursday, June 15, 2017 6:19 AM

All replies

• Duplicate - https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3f6766df-1f1d-41b0-aced-eab6f6640e3a/context-menu-handler-in-appv-51-issue?forum=mdopappv

This issue is not happening to other person and he has confirmed it in the last post. So this is pertaining only to your test environment I guess.

Have you tried expand to local option from sequencer? Did it work ?

If not, take your sequenced package into clean sequencer machine and edit it and from tools select expand to local system.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/gladiatormsft/2013/10/25/appv-on-devirtualization/

Export the registry form the expanded package and install it manually in the system where it fails. This might give you some idea.

(Please click on Vote as Helpful and/or Mark as Answer, if it has helped you.)

MVP - Windows and Devices for IT

app2pack.blogspot.com: app2pack.blogspot.com

Thursday, June 15, 2017 7:45 AM
  • I did a quick test with the latest TortoiseSVN-1.9.5.27581-x64-svn-1.9.5.msi source and see that the context menu works for folder and files.After publishing are you able to see the below keys?

when you check for the data value you can see the inprocserver32 pointing to the correct TortoiseStub32.dll in the App-V cache location.

Thursday, June 15, 2017 9:03 AM
  • Hi Vignesh,

In virtual bubble it is pointing to correct location but when checking to local registry it is pointing to wrong location.

One more thing ..while during uninstall will the local registry goes off  itself? or any care has to be taken ?

Please suggest .

Umeed4u

• Edited by Umeed4u Friday, June 16, 2017 6:24 AM
    Friday, June 16, 2017 6:12 AM
  • In local registry, what location and file it is pointing to? If you map it to the appv cache location and the TortoiseStub32.dll, is it working?

If you need to remove the package, first you would have to stop the package as the context menu will be hooked with explorer.exe by default. If you don't stop it then unpublish will fail and it will happen automatically either logoff/restart based upon user/global publish.

And yes, the local registry placed by the context menu will be removed.

Monday, June 19, 2017 8:05 AM
  • Hi Vignesh,

I tried to recapture again and after publishing application i could see the registry pointing to correct app-v

cache location but the context menu issue is still happening.

Is any extra thing to be taken care during sequencing.?

Your feedback is much appreciated.

Umeed4u

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 1:04 PM
  • No extra work will be needed. As I said earlier I did a rough next next sequencing and it worked for me.

Have you followed the Requirements for using shell extensions from the below article?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-desktop-optimization-pack/appv-v5/application-publishing-and-client-interaction51

Did you check in any other machine?

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 7:40 AM