none
Searching for particular content within a single email on Microsoft Outlook 2010

Question

• Many times while reading a long email, I have wished to search for something within that email. While in many applications, Ctrl - F is an universal command to provide a search prompt to search a document, Microsoft Outlook uses that to prepare a forwarding of an email.

The only available option, I can find, is a very poor second choice. I have to select the contents of the whole email, and do a copy paste into another application. To is very inefficient, the application I paste into may not save the format of the email document making it hard to read.

How is this done?

Friday, April 14, 2017 10:37 AM

Answers

• Just want to add that the hotkey for this "Find" option is F4. Double-click the message to open it in its own window, then press F4, you will see the "Find and Replace" dialog pops up.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 17, 2017 9:37 AM

All replies

• If you open an email in a separate window, as opposed to reading it in the reading pane, you see there's a Find command in the Editing section of the ribbon at the far right.

-Peter

Friday, April 14, 2017 9:15 PM
  • Just want to add that the hotkey for this "Find" option is F4. Double-click the message to open it in its own window, then press F4, you will see the "Find and Replace" dialog pops up.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 17, 2017 9:37 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to do a follow up on this and see if the information above is helpful for you.

If you need further assistance on this, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 10:09 AM