need to load autocad97 onto my windows 7 drive RRS feed

• Question

• how do I load autocad97 (16 bit) onto my windows 7 drive without buying compatability software?
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 9:29 PM

Answers

• In addition, if you want to use the Windows XP mode, your system should be Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Thursday, April 14, 2011 10:15 AM
    Monday, April 11, 2011 7:57 AM
  • Autocad 97 is not supported in Windows 7, and since this program is too old... and the AutoDesk seemed to not supporting that program anymore. You can use Virtual PC to install Windows XP, and load from it.
    "Everything we do is dictated by motive."
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 10:28 PM
  • Use this Microsoft website

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/default.aspx

to check for the compatibility of your AutoCAD version in Windows 7.

If the program is not supported (as I presume, I think it's too old to be executed in Windows 7), you have the following two ways to try to solve this problem:

Bye!

Luigi Bruno
    Friday, April 8, 2011 9:12 PM

All replies

• Autocad 97 is not supported in Windows 7, and since this program is too old... and the AutoDesk seemed to not supporting that program anymore. You can use Virtual PC to install Windows XP, and load from it.
    "Everything we do is dictated by motive."
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 10:28 PM
  • Use this Microsoft website

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/default.aspx

to check for the compatibility of your AutoCAD version in Windows 7.

If the program is not supported (as I presume, I think it's too old to be executed in Windows 7), you have the following two ways to try to solve this problem:

Bye!

Luigi Bruno
    Friday, April 8, 2011 9:12 PM
  • In addition, if you want to use the Windows XP mode, your system should be Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, April 11, 2011 7:57 AM