none
Grouping by the Group Column RRS feed

• Question

• Good Afternoon Everyone,

In MS Project when I click on the Resource Sheet button in the low right hand corner of the screen, I can select my resources from Outlook.  Each person selected has their Resource Name, Type, Initial, Group, Max Std Rate.... filled in.  I there any way to get the Group column to show up on Gaunt Chart in a column and then to group by the Group Column?  I am using MS Project Online Desktop Client MSO (16.0.11901.2070) 32-bit.

Thanks

Dale

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 7:56 PM

All replies

• Grouping...

Yes, this is a pretty easy process.  Apply the Gantt Chart view.  Right-click on the column header of one of the columns in the view, such as the Finish column, and then select the Insert Column item on the shortcut menu.  On the pick list of available columns, selected the Resource Group column.  In the column header of the Resource Group column, click the pick list arrow button and select the Group On This Field item.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 8:30 PM
  • Good Morning and Thanks for the answer.  Is there a way that project will allow for multiple entries in a field?  For instance a field that would hold job responsibilities?  Then the idea would be to locate everyone who had a job responsibility of "phone" and see who had open time to take on a new project.

Thanks

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 3:48 PM
  • Grouping...

Yes, in the Group column in the Resource Sheet view, enter the job responsibilities, separated by commas.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 4:00 PM
  • Good Morning,

Thanks for the reply.  I am not sure I am doing something right.  So I added job responsibilities to the Group column separated by a comma.  The data stays just as I entered it.  I was expecting it to break into multiple lines.  What I am trying to achieve is a way to see everyone that has a job role of "X" and then see who has time to take on a specific project.  How would I do this?

Thanks Again

Friday, September 6, 2019 1:48 PM