Dual display and desktop flashing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,
    Not sure of the proper place to log windows 7 bugs. If someone can let me know the best spot then I'll repost this there. Anyways here is my question / issue I'm having.

Windows 7 RC x64 with dual displays. Monitor 1 (Dell 24' LCD) Monitor 2 (Sharp LCD TV)
    Monitor 2 is my television which is primarly used for running media center applications.

When working on monitor 1 if I have several application in the task bar, for instance IE and a single full application running on monitor 2, for insance media player. When I mouse over the IE icon I am presented with pop up showing the running instances and the live preview. When I hover over the live preview, Monitor 1 correctly swaps to that application however Monitor 2 will show the desktop and not it's currently running application. As soon as I make my selection or mouse out Monitor 2 resumes it's running window normally. This is reproducable with any running app. The behaviour occurs as well if you reverse the order.

Minor issue however very annoying when trying to watch Movies / TV on monitor 1 (as I've been told by my wife)

Any tips or ways to have the second monitor not show the desktop?

Cheers,
    Darren
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 1:21 AM

Answers