How to remove the last database RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm trying to remove my last database on my Exchange 2010. But I get the following error:

This mailbox database contains one or more mailboxes, mailbox plans, archive mailboxes, or arbitration mailboxes. To ge
    t a list of all mailboxes in this database, run the command Get-Mailbox -Database <Database ID>. To get a list of all m
    ailbox plans in this database, run the command Get-MailboxPlan. To get a list of archive mailboxes in this database, ru
    n the command Get-Mailbox -Database <Database ID> -Archive. To get a list of all arbitration mailboxes in this database
    , run the command Get-Mailbox -Database <Database ID> -Arbitration. To disable a non-arbitration mailbox so that you ca
    n delete the mailbox database, run the command Disable-Mailbox <Mailbox ID>. To disable an archive mailbox so you can d
    elete the mailbox database, run the command Disable-Mailbox <Mailbox ID> -Archive. Arbitration mailboxes should be move
    d to another server; to do this, run the command New-MoveRequest <parameters>. If this is the last server in the organi
    zation, run the command Disable-Mailbox <Mailbox ID> -Arbitration -DisableLastArbitrationMailboxAllowed to disable the
    arbitration mailbox. Mailbox plans should be moved to another server; to do this, run the command Set-MailboxPlan <Mail
    boxPlan ID> -Database <Database ID>.
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (MBX01:DatabaseIdParameter) [Remove-MailboxDatabase], AssociatedUserMa
       ilboxExistException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : 6AE5C81C,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.RemoveMailboxDatabase

Any suggestions?

Sunday, March 26, 2017 10:49 AM

All replies

• Hi

I'm trying to remove my last database on my Exchange 2010. But I get the following error:

This mailbox database contains one or more mailboxes, mailbox plans, archive mailboxes, or arbitration mailboxes. To ge
    t a list of all mailboxes in this database, run the command Get-Mailbox -Database <Database ID>. To get a list of all m
    ailbox plans in this database, run the command Get-MailboxPlan. To get a list of archive mailboxes in this database, ru
    n the command Get-Mailbox -Database <Database ID> -Archive. To get a list of all arbitration mailboxes in this database
    , run the command Get-Mailbox -Database <Database ID> -Arbitration. To disable a non-arbitration mailbox so that you ca
    n delete the mailbox database, run the command Disable-Mailbox <Mailbox ID>. To disable an archive mailbox so you can d
    elete the mailbox database, run the command Disable-Mailbox <Mailbox ID> -Archive. Arbitration mailboxes should be move
    d to another server; to do this, run the command New-MoveRequest <parameters>. If this is the last server in the organi
    zation, run the command Disable-Mailbox <Mailbox ID> -Arbitration -DisableLastArbitrationMailboxAllowed to disable the
    arbitration mailbox. Mailbox plans should be moved to another server; to do this, run the command Set-MailboxPlan <Mail
    boxPlan ID> -Database <Database ID>.
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (MBX01:DatabaseIdParameter) [Remove-MailboxDatabase], AssociatedUserMa
       ilboxExistException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : 6AE5C81C,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.RemoveMailboxDatabase

Any suggestions?

Run Get-MailboxStatistics -database <DB> and see what it shows.

Exchange 2007 reaches end of life on April 11th. What’s your plan to move?

Sunday, March 26, 2017 12:17 PM
  • Run through the following commands:

get-mailbox -database "Databasename"

get-mailbox -database "Databasename" -archive

get-mailbox -database "Databasename" -arbitration

get-mailbox -database "Databasename" -publicfolder

get-mailbox -database "Databasename" -monitoring

get-mailbox -database "Databasename" -auditlog

If any of those come back with results, then you need to move the mailbox off:

Get-Mailbox -Database "Mailbox Database 1" -AuditLog | new-moverequest –targetdatabase "Mailbox Database 2"

Get help from below links:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/exchange/2014/03/17/this-mailbox-database-contains-one-or-more-mailboxes/

http://www.admin-enclave.com/en/articles/exchange/286-resolved-error-when-trying-to-remove-a-mailbox-database-on-exchange-server-2016.html

Thanks,

Cloud migration can be a tedious task without the right solution. Lepide Meteor suite has all you need to analyze/upgrade/migrate your current Exchange environment to Office 365 and also helps you to easily Import/Export & convert EDB, PST and OST into new or existing PST files.

Monday, March 27, 2017 6:38 AM
  • Hi NOPittbull,

In most cases, this is due to arbitration mailboxes still in this database.

You can run the following command to check the result:

Get-Mailbox -Database <Database ID> -Arbitration

If there are, move these arbitration mailboxes to another database will resolve this issue:

Get-Mailbox -Database <Database ID> -Arbitration |New-MoveRequest  –TargetDatabase "Another DB Name"

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Wednesday, April 5, 2017 10:09 AM
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 10:43 AM