locked
Empty Device Collection RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All,

    I have in the last hour or so manually created a device collection, that is I went into the Devices list, picked some PCs, and then created a new collection from them.

    I did view the device collection, and the PCs were listed. I then deployed the CM Client to those PCs.

    Now when I view the device collection it is empty ("No items found."). When I view them individually in our Devices list they are there, and actually show the client as installed.

    Any ideas why the collection is empty?

    TIA

    Thursday, August 14, 2014 1:06 PM

Answers

  • I would suspect that the Resource ID changed from when the resources were non-clients to when they become clients. if I recall correctly, a direct membership rule, which you were doing, uses the resource ID of the resource.

    Now that they are clients, the ID shouldn't change, so if you did the same thing, they'd stick :-)


    Wally Mead

    Thursday, August 14, 2014 3:18 PM

All replies

  • in the collection's properties, under "membership rules" tab, are clients listed?
    try to Right click the collection > Update membership
    Thursday, August 14, 2014 2:26 PM
  • Are they in the limiting collection?

    John Marcum | Microsoft MVP - Enterprise Client Management
    My blog: System Center Admin | Twitter: @SCCM_Marcum | Linkedin: John Marcum

    Thursday, August 14, 2014 2:53 PM
  • I would suspect that the Resource ID changed from when the resources were non-clients to when they become clients. if I recall correctly, a direct membership rule, which you were doing, uses the resource ID of the resource.

    Now that they are clients, the ID shouldn't change, so if you did the same thing, they'd stick :-)


    Wally Mead

    Thursday, August 14, 2014 3:18 PM
  • I suspect this was it. I work at a school, and we had just changed these PCs to new machines, so the SID will have changed.

    I'm guessing that CM picked up the SID change around the time the machines changed, hence after the group was created the machines effectively disappeared from AD.

    Anyway, I deleted the group and recreated it, and now it seems fine.

    Friday, August 15, 2014 10:48 AM