Windows 7 Blue screen problem RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Windows 7 since 4 months. Since 2 days, my laptop is automatically shut downing. It is taking 4-5 immediate shutdowns to boot up again.

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
      OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
      Locale ID:    1033

Additional information about the problem:
      BCCode:    c5
      BCP1:    00000004
      BCP2:    00000002
      BCP3:    00000000
      BCP4:    82D757FF
      OS Version:    6_1_7600
      Service Pack:    0_0
      Product:    256_1

Rajesh A S7 Software
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 12:02 PM

Answers

• Blue screens are most often caused by drivers so did you upgrade/install any new drivers 4 days ago or maybe installed or upgraded an application on your machine? You can follow this guideto analyze the cause of the blue screens http://www.theexperienceblog.com/technical-articles/troubleshooting-and-analyzing-blue-screens-of-death/.

If you know for certain that you installed/upgraded a specific driver or upgrade/install an application recently you can do a system restore by pressing F8 when the computer starts and just before Windows start loading and then choose "System repair" and after these tools have loaded run the system restore to restore the machine to another point in time.

Blue screen are also many times caused by bad hardware such as faulty memory modules and you could also try to run memory diagnostics which is also accessible from the "F8" menu. But let us analyze the blue screen dump file and see what that says.
    • Marked as answer by Rajeshaz09 Saturday, January 23, 2010 4:28 PM
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 12:54 PM
  • Thanks for quick reply.

I repaired windows 7 using disk. It took more than 3 hours. Now i don't have blue screen issue.

Rajesh A S7 Software
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 3:05 PM

All replies

• Blue screens are most often caused by drivers so did you upgrade/install any new drivers 4 days ago or maybe installed or upgraded an application on your machine? You can follow this guideto analyze the cause of the blue screens http://www.theexperienceblog.com/technical-articles/troubleshooting-and-analyzing-blue-screens-of-death/.

If you know for certain that you installed/upgraded a specific driver or upgrade/install an application recently you can do a system restore by pressing F8 when the computer starts and just before Windows start loading and then choose "System repair" and after these tools have loaded run the system restore to restore the machine to another point in time.

Blue screen are also many times caused by bad hardware such as faulty memory modules and you could also try to run memory diagnostics which is also accessible from the "F8" menu. But let us analyze the blue screen dump file and see what that says.
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 12:54 PM
  • Thanks for quick reply.

I repaired windows 7 using disk. It took more than 3 hours. Now i don't have blue screen issue.

Rajesh A S7 Software
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 3:05 PM