reinstalling windowx xp RRS feed

• Question

• good day sir, may i be advised how to reinstall my windows xp pro on another computer after my old computer failed to reinstall after i formatted my hard disk. It was probably a motherboard failure . the message says.( an error occurred and been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer.........) i am using an asrock p4v88 motherboard, can i use a new motherboard. tnx edwin
    Friday, January 20, 2012 2:58 PM

Answers

• If you purchased a Retail version of Windows XP it is permissible to install the system on a new motherboard.  You must ensure the motherboard has Windows XP hardware drivers and system utilities.  Depending on the hard drive controller and how it is configured, you may need a motherboard with a floppy drive to supply the controller drivers during installation.

If you need the Windows XP Service Packs, go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322389

There are links for SP2 and SP3.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, January 20, 2012 4:29 PM