Skype for Business 2016 deployment options RRS feed

• Question

• I have been given the task to deploy SFB 2016 to a few hundred PCs in our organisation and need to find out what our deployment options are.

My initial preference is via GPO but I am struggling to find an MSI version of SFB. We only have access to the ISO for the installs which I have extracted but no MSI to be found.

Does anyone know where we can get the msi?

Failing this what other options do we have? I have seen guides for SCCM deployment but we do not have this set up in our environment

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, October 2, 2018 8:31 AM

Answers

• Hi ,

You could download the SFB 2016 basic version, then use third part tool(please search “exe to msi converter free ” in google) ,convert this exe file to msi, then you could use the GPO to install it.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49440

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 7:19 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

You could download the SFB 2016 basic version, then use third part tool(please search “exe to msi converter free ” in google) ,convert this exe file to msi, then you could use the GPO to install it.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49440

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 7:19 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any updates for this issue, if the reply is helpful, please try to mark it as an answer,  it will help others who have similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Monday, October 15, 2018 9:31 AM