App-V 5.0 Co-Existence mode RRS feed

• Question

• We're looking to migrate from App-V 4.6 SP2 to App-V 5.0. Part of this is installing the App-V 5.0 client in co-existence mode. How do you do this? No matter what command line switches I use, I keep getting the error message that I need to uninstall the App-V 4.6 SP2 client first.

Monday, December 23, 2013 5:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• I find the easiest way to deploy the App-V 5.0 Client is using the installer as it comes from Microsoft and then setting the configurations using the App-V GPO template. For more check this out:

http://rorymon.com/blog/index.php/setting-up-and-deploying-the-app-v-5-0-client/

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

• Marked as answer by Jrandom42 Thursday, December 26, 2013 3:43 PM
    Monday, December 23, 2013 8:42 PM
  • I'm trying to deploy it in co-existence mode with the 4.6 SP2 client installed. It won't even install at all with the 4.6 SP2 client already installed. THAT'S the problem, not the configurations.
    Tuesday, December 24, 2013 12:15 AM
  • What is the full error message?

What command line are you using to install the v5.0 client?

Have you tested with 4.6 SP3?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 5:42 AM
  • Never mind. Someone had reverted my VM back to 4.6 SP1.
    Thursday, December 26, 2013 3:43 PM