none
unable to add new scope to the existing Failover relation ship in windows server 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I have created a Failover relation ship between two servers for one scope ex: For scope Id 192.168.0.0 i have configured failover for server 192.168.0.99 and 192.168.0.100 now i have another scope 192.168.1.0 which i want to add to existing failover relation ship with same serve details but i am unable to add new scope to existing failover-relation.can any one please help me how get this be done

Thanks                                                                                                                                                                                                    TejaShetty

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 3:37 PM

Answers

• Hi Travis,

It worked using the Powershell commands 

PS C:\Users\Administrator> Add-DhcpServerv4Failover -Name "test-failover2" -PartnerServer 192.168.0.34 -ScopeId 9.0.0.0 -LoadBalancePercent 70 -MaxClientLeadTime 2:00:00 -AutoStateTransition $True -StateSwitchInterval 2:00:00
    PS C:\Users\Administrator> get-dhcpserverv4failover

Name                : test-failover2
    PartnerServer       : 192.168.0.34
    Mode                : LoadBalance
    LoadBalancePercent  : 70
    ServerRole          :
    ReservePercent      :
    MaxClientLeadTime   : 02:00:00
    StateSwitchInterval : 02:00:00
    State               : Normal
    ScopeId             : 9.0.0.0
    AutoStateTransition : True
    EnableAuth          : False

I have created failover relation ship with initially just one scope and later i have added new scope to existing failover without deleting  

PS C:\Users\Administrator> Add-DhcpServerv4Failoverscope -Name "test-failover2" -ScopeId 10.0.0.0

ServerRole          :
    ReservePercent      :
    ScopeId             : {9.0.0.0, 10.0.0.0}
    PS C:\Users\Administrator>

Add-DhcpServerv4Failoverscope -->This command can be used for adding new scope to existing failover relation-ship

Thanks

Teja

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 1:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What type of failover have you configured? Server failover or scope failover?

If you have configured failover under IPv4, you need to deconfigure failover before creating new scope.

Best regards,

Travis

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 3:33 AM
  • Hi Travis,

Thank you for reply but i have different scenario here  Ex:I have three scopes defined on one server(s1,s2,s3) now after creating all, I have configured failover-relation ship say(f1) for scope (s1) with D1 and D2 server(scope level) after this now i want to add scope 2 (s2)  to the same existing failover-relation ship(f1) how can i add s2 to f1 without deconfigure failover.

Thanks                            

TejaShetty

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 3:55 AM
  • Hi,

No, you either reconfigure the failover or create a new failover.

Best regards,

Travis

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 7:11 AM
  • Hi Travis,

It worked using the Powershell commands 

PS C:\Users\Administrator> Add-DhcpServerv4Failover -Name "test-failover2" -PartnerServer 192.168.0.34 -ScopeId 9.0.0.0 -LoadBalancePercent 70 -MaxClientLeadTime 2:00:00 -AutoStateTransition $True -StateSwitchInterval 2:00:00

ServerRole          :
    ReservePercent      :
    ScopeId             : 9.0.0.0

I have created failover relation ship with initially just one scope and later i have added new scope to existing failover without deleting  

PS C:\Users\Administrator> Add-DhcpServerv4Failoverscope -Name "test-failover2" -ScopeId 10.0.0.0

ServerRole          :
    ReservePercent      :
    ScopeId             : {9.0.0.0, 10.0.0.0}
    PS C:\Users\Administrator>

Add-DhcpServerv4Failoverscope -->This command can be used for adding new scope to existing failover relation-ship

Thanks

Teja

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 1:44 PM
  • Hi,

Good to hear that you have solved this issue by yourself. In addition, thanks for sharing your solution in the forum as it would be helpful to anyone who encounters similar issues.
    If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best regards,

Travis

Thursday, January 24, 2019 3:15 AM