IMAP accounts in Outlook on multiple compters RRS feed

• Question

• I have two laptops, and 5 work email accounts (IMAP), 3 for one business and 2 for another.. I am running all of them in Outlook on both computers...
    issue one : the rules that I set up don't seem to run all the time ?!? I have rules set for the email accounts specific to business A and business B to create a copy and move to a central Inbox folder (having to go to the account, then gmail then inbox - to check all 5 emails is just ridiculous)
    a: can I not have multiple email address moving emails to one particular folder?
    b: if I can how come they are not running automatically?

issue two: once opened "read" on one laptop the email appears as read on the other laptop. can I stop this from happing? I would like both computers to see the emails as unread until such time that they have actually been read on that laptop
    (I have tried a rule to "flag" the emails as they come in, as was suggest in another forum... however this rule doesn't work on all accounts and by the looks of it I will have to set up the flagging action on both laptops)
    any help what so ever is most appreciated I feel like I have tired everything that I am capable of, and wish I could go back to POP but I cant :(

Friday, February 8, 2013 12:20 PM

Answers

• You need to post in one of the Office forums @ http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Another forum to look at is @ http://www.msofficeforums.com/

Your situation is really a Microsoft Office situation and not a Windows 7 configuration.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Proposed as answer by ZigZag3143x Friday, February 8, 2013 6:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by tracycai Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:30 AM
    Friday, February 8, 2013 5:14 PM