none
I am trying to change my PIN sign in and get a message saying "The device that is required by this cryptographic provider is not ready for use." RRS feed

All replies

• Hello,

See if fixes mentioned here helps you:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-pin-not-working-in-windows-10

Let us know if this helps!

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 5:51 AM
  • Hi,

“The Device That Is Required By This Cryptographic Provider Is Not Ready For Use” is a flaw that has recently been noticed in Windows Hello feature. Many people reported issues when signing in with PIN, trying to change PIN or Setup PIN for the first time. Please follow the steps in the link below to repair.

https://ugetfix.com/ask/how-to-fix-device-required-by-cryptographic-provider-is-not-ready/

If the issue still insists, check the steps below:

If the TPM has been cleared in the BIOS, the close the TPM management console then re-open it. The error should not occur when opening the second time.

If the TPM is disabled through the BIOS then you either:

•Re-enable TPM ins the BIOS and follow the TPM cleared steps.

•Open Windows PowerShell  as an administrator and run the following commands:

$tpm = gwmi -n root\cimv2\security\microsofttpm win32_tpm

$tpm.SetPhysicalPresenceRequest(6)

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 4:47 AM
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved? 
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 10:00 AM