none
Project Server migration to 2016 - missing OLAP views RRS feed

• Question

• I am hoping someone can help me out.  Long story short, I started a migration project to migrate our PS 2010 to PS 2016 last spring. I did experience the missing view issue but running the Repair-SPProjectWebInstance https://MyWebApp/PWA -RepairRule 7  the missing views were created and everything was great.  I got redirected to another high priority project so I put the PS migration on hold.

I am now revisiting the migration but something has changed.  The whole upgrade process runs smoothly (2010->2013->2016) except that I am now missing ALL of the OLAP views in reporting schema.  The first image (that I did borrow from another post) shows what the fully migrated views should look like.  The second image shows what my migrated views look like.

All the views are there before the upgrade from 2013->2016 so there is something going on in 2016 upgrade process.  After the upgrade, the views that RepairRule 7 fixes are there but there are no OLAP views.  There are a couple of those views that we use extensively in our reporting.

My upgrade script hasn't changed, and the configuration of the SharePoint/Project Server hasn't changed.  I have applied the most recent SharePoint and Project server updates that I could find.  What I don't have control over is the Windows and SQL Server patching and GPO policies so I don't know what has been applied there although that seems somewhat unlikely as a cause.

Or is there something far more simple that I have overlooked ?

Complete 2016 reporting views

Complete reporting views

My views after migration

Missing OLAP Views

Any insights are welcome.

Thanks

Friday, February 21, 2020 1:52 PM

All replies

• I know that this post is very old, but just wanted to share the solution just in case it faced anyone.

Simply we need to do the following:

1. Download and install both SQL_AS_ADOMD.msi & SQL_AS_OLEDB.msi
    2. Restart all Project Server services.
    3. Build Project Server OLAP Cube (just pass prepare DB for OLAP). 

both are available in SQL Server Feature Pack.

Note, you need to install the correct version that matches the support version by Project Server.

for Project Server 2019 use --> SQL Server 2016 Feature Pack.

for Project Server 2016 use --> SQL Server 2014 Feature Pack.

Thanks & Regards

Ahmed Amin

Wednesday, September 16, 2020 11:35 AM