none
Insert SQL table from powershell to SQL 2000 RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys,

Im far from a Powershell guru and DEFINITELY not a SQL guy. With that being said, I'm trying to write a SQL table(2000) from a powershell script I have written. The script is using the FileSystemWatcher to write any new files that have a .tif file extension to a SQL table.

Obviously, This is not working. Here's my insert code.

$conn=New-ObjectSystem.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection("Data Source=$SQLServerName; Initial Catalog=$SQLDatabase; Integrated Security=TRUE")

$conn.Open()

$insert_stmt="INSERT INTO in_cofa_pvs (in_item_key, in_lot_key, imgfileName, in_cofa_crtdt) VALUES ('$item','$lot','$name','$timestamp')"

$cmd=$conn.CreateCommand()

$cmd.CommandText =$insert_stmt

$cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()

$conn.Close()

I guess I have two questions. 1 is my code looking correct ? All the variables are defined in code prior. 2 can I even use Powershell to insert tables into SQL 2000 ? and 3 if question 1 is YES and 2 is YES what the heck am I doing wrong here ?

Is there a way that I can log my SQL attempts to see failure/success ? Obviously the first is going to be the case. But when I have it working I would like to see if either is true.

Thanks Guys

Rich

Rich Thompson

Monday, June 16, 2014 2:19 AM

Answers

All replies