Outlook 2010 HTML e-mail transparent PNG problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys, I wonder if you can help me please.  I have just re-designed my company logo, and I want to create an HTML e-mail template in Outlook 2010 for business purposes, but I have hit a snag.  I will illustrate this with images, where appropriate.

I want my image to be at the top of my e-mails, but owing to its shape it really needs to be inserted as a transparent png behind the text.  This is not a problem when generating the e-mail, as you can see :-

The problem is that, when this image is sent, the "send behind text" wrapping is discarded, and the full-size of the PNG takes hold, meaning when the recipient gets their e-mail, it looks like this :-

You can see why this isn't going to work :(

I have had a look into this, and it was suggested that I use the Options > Page Colour > Picture workaround, but that just tiles the image, which looks awful on the received copy.

I have heard tell that there is a product called "Bells & Whistles for Outlook" which can enable you to insert HTML (or CSS) into your outbound e-mails which will be correctly-rendered by Mail Clients, so that I could insert, for example :-

style+”background-repeat:no-repeat;

or similar, in order to tell it that I do not want the background image repeating, but I wonder if there is anything else I can try before resorting to this, as it is a costed solution, and what I am doing should not be beyond the wit of man (or woman) =]

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.  I'm so proud of my new logo, but I'm devastated that I might not be able to use it the way I really want to :(

Thanks so much,

David.

Raven Consultancy
    xxxx@hotmail.com
    xxxx@xxxx-consultancy.com

• Edited by Steve Fan Tuesday, February 20, 2018 3:53 PM hide private info
    Monday, February 19, 2018 12:10 AM

All replies

• Hi David,

Do you mind to share the HTML e-mail template you have designed to us so that we can further look into it? If possible, you can share the template to us via GBSD TN Office Information Collection ibsofc@microsoft.com. (Please include the thread URL in the message to make your email easily to identify)

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 3:58 PM
  • Of course Steve - I shall e-mail it over now.  Thanks so much !

Kind regards,

David.

Raven Consultancy

Saturday, February 24, 2018 12:44 AM
  • Dear David,

We've received your email message, however somehow the attachment you shared is blank. See:

By the way, please understand that the email box you sent to is for sample files collecting only. For product/technical questions, please post them on the forum so that you can get answers from our support engineers and other contributors.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 9:27 AM