GALSync Between Exchange 2007 SP2 and Exchange 2010 SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• I am quite new to GalSync.I want to perform GALSync between Exchange 2007 SP2(Windows Server 2003) and Exchange Server 2010 SP1(Windows Server 2008 R2).

I am following steps mentioned in Synchronizing a Global Address List in an Exchange 2007 Environment written by Davanand Bahall  and Femila Anilkumar.

I have gone through MIIS 2003 and ILM FP1 SP1 walk through guides that enforces a particular OU structure. For source OU to send  MEU to other forests as Contacts, they all need to be in structured OU(s). To clear out ambiguity, i have following questions,

(i) Do I need to create MEU of existing mailbox users in source forest to send them to foreign forest?

(ii) Do I need to move all objects to synchronize to foreign forest into specific OUS(s). If yes, then moving the users to new structured OU(s) migh have some other repercussions.For example, Group Policy processing targetting to users.?

(iii) To pull objects from foreign forest(Exchange 2010) into local forest (Exchange 2007 SP2 on Windows Server 2003) which version of ILM is functional and supported.? I have installed and configured ILM FP1 SP1 inside Exchange 2007 SP2 forest having two-way forest trust with foreign forest(Exchange 2010 SP1 on Windows Server 2008 R2)?

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 6:57 PM