none
How to stop sending email alert while updating a project in MS Project RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am creating hundreds of project tasks and subtasks as I am mapping out a project plan for the rest of the year. My team members are getting hundreds of email notifications because it alerts them for each task assigned to them. They don’t want to turn email notifications off, because they are important the rest of the time. How to turn off the alerts temporarily?

Sunday, June 3, 2018 10:00 AM

Answers

• SamDany --

There is no way that YOU can stop the e-mail alerts, but your TEAM MEMBERS can stop the very repetitive e-mail alerts that are sent every time you publish the project.  Here is what every one of your team members must do:

1. Log into Project Web App in their preferred web browser.
    2. Click the Settings menu button (it looks like a gear wheel) in the upper right corner of the page and select the PWA Settings item on the menu.
    3. In the Personal Settings section of the PWA Settings page, click the Manage My Alerts and Reminders link.
    4. On the Manage My Alerts and Reminders page, DESELECT the My Project Tasks Are Modified checkbox.
    5. Click the Save button.

If all of your team members follow the above steps, they WILL receive e-mails whenever you assign them to tasks in a new project or new tasks in an existing project, but they WILL NOT receive e-mails whenever you publish your projects.  And no, there is no way that your application administrator can change the settings for everyone.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by SamDany Monday, June 4, 2018 9:54 AM
    Sunday, June 3, 2018 7:54 PM