none
unable to back up linux in hyper-v environment, get access is denied error, please help RRS feed

• Question

• hi, I am trying to set up DPM to back up some of our production CentOS servers in hyper-V. our host is on win 2012R2, DPM is 2012R2, CentOS VMs are on 6.6 or 7.0. I got it to the point that I added the VMs to protection group with online backup, but it only shows replica is inconsistent and manually consistency check will fail with an error ID104

An unexpected error occurred while the job was running. (ID 104 Details: Access is denied (0x80070005))

The DPM service account has enough permission on the host which the CentOS VM lives,(local admin+in all the DPM local groups) I guess it needs some permission on the CentOS as well to do backup. But I do not know what permission it needs, and as the centOS is not in our domain, not sure how I can give permission to the DPM service domain account. Please help, thank you in advance  

Monday, March 30, 2015 3:12 PM

Answers

• after opening a ticket with MS, the problem turns out to be the linux is added to HA, so I can only back it up through the cluster node in DPM(expanding the cluster when create protection group) instead of the host node. Hope it helps with whoever is struggling with this problem
    • Marked as answer by MarcoZhang Friday, May 8, 2015 3:20 PM
    Friday, May 8, 2015 3:20 PM