SharePoint Calendar Recurring Weekend (Saturday & Sunday) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

What is the best way to do a recurring even that spans Saturday & Sunday?

When I select Sunday and Saturday, and have it repeat every 4 weeks. It selects the Sunday and Saturday that are in the same week.  That makes sense.

How would one make a recurring event that starts on Saturday and ends in Sunday?  I thought maybe there would be duration.
    If I uncheck recurring event, I can make a single event on the calendar that spans Saturday & Sunday.

Changing region settings, and making Monday the first day of the week, is not an option.

Thanks,

Jeff

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 7:06 PM

Answers

• Hi SW Jeff Peterson,

According to your description, you want to make a recurring event start at Saturday and end at Sunday.

Unfortunately, SharePoint does not support recurring events spanning multiple days (recurring events have just a start and end time).

What we can do is creating two events in the Saturday and Sunday. Then make them repeating.

Best Regards,

CY

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 6:24 AM

All replies

• hi

if you don't want to change the first day of the week, then you have to make two events to reach the requirement.

like this:

顺其自然地勇往直前!—Justin Liu

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 5:33 AM
  • Hi SW Jeff Peterson,

According to your description, you want to make a recurring event start at Saturday and end at Sunday.

Unfortunately, SharePoint does not support recurring events spanning multiple days (recurring events have just a start and end time).

What we can do is creating two events in the Saturday and Sunday. Then make them repeating.

Best Regards,

CY

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 6:24 AM
  • Thank you both. 

That is what I am doing right now as a "workaround".  I guess it is really not a temorary workaround then.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 7:39 PM