Problems relaying email messages to internet recieve connector RRS feed

• Question

• I am running sbs 2008 with exchange 2007 and I changed my permissions on my internet recieve connector because I was getting mail from my own email address.  I used the command: 

Get-ReceiveConnector "My Internet ReceiveConnector" | Get-ADPermission -user "NT AUTHORITY\Anonymous Logon" | where {$_.ExtendedRights -like "ms-exch-smtp-accept-authoritative-domain-sender"} | Remove-ADPermission

A blog said that it would stop the spoofing. It stopped all incoming email traffic to my server.  I tried to create another recieve connector and added back the permissions but it does not work. Below is the message I get when I try to send mail from my yahoo account:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
    I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
    This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<hw3@brad-eesolutions.net>:
    69.33.146.146 does not like recipient.
    Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for hw3@brad-eesolutions.net
    Giving up on 69.33.146.146.

69.33.146.146 is the ip address of my router

Help needed!

Sunday, March 8, 2009 7:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Whether the issue was encountered when sending the message to the internal recipient from yahoo?

Whether the recipient is a real user in your Exchange server?

Now I suggest we telnet the Exchange server, then try to send the email by using random sender.

Such as:

Telnet mail server 25
    helo
    mail from:test@test.com
    rcpt to:internal recipient@yourdomain.com
    data
    quit

What's the result?

Thanks

Allen
    • Proposed as answer by Allen Song Monday, April 13, 2009 3:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Allen Song Monday, April 13, 2009 3:41 AM
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 8:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

First of all, restart the transport service and check the situation.

If it doesn't solve the problem then run below two commands again, restart the transport service and check.

Set-ReceiveConnector -Name "My Internet ReceiveConnector" -PermissionGroups AnonymousUsers,ExchangeUsers,ExchangeServers,ExchangeLegacyServers

Add-Adpermission 'My Internet ReceiveConnector' -User 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON' -ExtendedRights ms-Exch-SMTP-Accept-Authoritative-Domain-Sender

Amit Tank | MVP - Exchange | MCITP:EMA MCSA:M | http://ExchangeShare.WordPress.com
    Monday, March 9, 2009 8:50 AM
  • thanks for the help but the Exchange shell took the commands but I still cannot recieve incoming mail
    Please help
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 3:55 AM
  • Hi,

Whether the issue was encountered when sending the message to the internal recipient from yahoo?

Whether the recipient is a real user in your Exchange server?

Now I suggest we telnet the Exchange server, then try to send the email by using random sender.

Such as:

Telnet mail server 25
    helo
    mail from:test@test.com
    rcpt to:internal recipient@yourdomain.com
    data
    quit

What's the result?

Thanks

Allen
    • Proposed as answer by Allen Song Monday, April 13, 2009 3:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Allen Song Monday, April 13, 2009 3:41 AM