Sequencing an application without shortcut? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm just confused about sequencing an application without shortcut.

If we are publishing the application using the OSD files then it would be a problem because if application has no shortcut then no OSD will be for that application.

If we are using standalone MSI to install the application, we can install using MSI, right?

Please give me more clarrification about this.

I'm aware not to sequence an application without shortcuts. If we need to do so, we need to create shortcut while sequencing.

Please let me know whether we can sequence oracle Java update 17 which does not have shortcut.
    Friday, March 8, 2013 6:44 AM

Answers

• You'll have to generate an OSD file regardless as to whether you want a shortcut or not. Point the package at an EXE, just remove all paths under the shortcuts in the properties of the application.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Proposed as answer by znack Saturday, March 9, 2013 9:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, April 13, 2013 11:40 AM
    Friday, March 8, 2013 8:02 AM