Browsers seem to resize? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Forum

My browsers seem to resize themselves after loading the page, it happens 100% on IE9 and around 90% of sites on chrome, but never on google search when using google chrome.

It does not seem to be a driver issue, but it only affects my laptop. Its a  DELL Vostro and is windows updated fully and both browsers have been uninstalled and reinstalled.

can anyone help?
    Thanks in advance

NN

• Edited by Naked Nuts Saturday, September 15, 2012 10:29 PM
    Saturday, September 15, 2012 8:27 PM

Answers

• I found the answer, after playing around booting to safe mode etc, it was definately a plugin causing the issue. I then opened task manager and started end some of the processes, ShockWave process was causing the issue.

I then went to chrome:plugins and disabled the shockwave plugin and all is working again.
    It does not seem to be that easy with IE so I have given up on that one and will use chrome from now on.

This only happens on screen resolutions 1366x768 with the shockwave plugin.

A thank-you to Vincent for answering but that was not a resolution.

Thanks
    NN

• Marked as answer by Naked Nuts Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:18 AM
    • Edited by Naked Nuts Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:34 AM
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Before going on, I would like to verify when did this issue happened? If this occurred recently, please perform a system restore to check the result.

Meanwhile, you can try the following to check whether this is affected by the third party tool:

Test the issue in Safe mode with networking. If it is normal, please boot into Clean Boot mode to narrow down the programs.

Hope this helps

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Thursday, September 27, 2012 7:05 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Naked Nuts Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:13 AM
    Monday, September 17, 2012 9:05 AM
  • I found the answer, after playing around booting to safe mode etc, it was definately a plugin causing the issue. I then opened task manager and started end some of the processes, ShockWave process was causing the issue.

I then went to chrome:plugins and disabled the shockwave plugin and all is working again.
    It does not seem to be that easy with IE so I have given up on that one and will use chrome from now on.

This only happens on screen resolutions 1366x768 with the shockwave plugin.

A thank-you to Vincent for answering but that was not a resolution.

Thanks
    NN

• Marked as answer by Naked Nuts Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:18 AM
    • Edited by Naked Nuts Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:34 AM
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:18 AM