Microsoft Compatibility RRS feed

• Question

• When I checked the compatibility of Microsoft office 2003 a message came on stating it is incompatible ????
    Old Bill
    • Moved by Ronnie VernonMVP Tuesday, September 29, 2009 6:58 AM Focus (From:Windows 7 Hardware Compatibility)
    Friday, September 25, 2009 7:51 PM

All replies

• I can't tell you why you're getting the message, but I had Office 2003 on my wife's Windows 7 x64 Home Premium (RTM) and it ran fine.  I then upgraded to Office 2007 because she needed it for work compatibility.
    Friday, September 25, 2009 8:25 PM
  • Thanks Rick Dee.  I haven't had too much of a problem so will keep trying to find out why the message keeps coming up. Thanks again  Ol Bill
    Friday, September 25, 2009 8:35 PM
  • Old Bill - What did you use to "check the compatibility of Office 2003"?

Can you paste the exact text from the error message here please?  (If it's an error message, you should be able to select the window, then hit ctrl and C at the same time to copy the text of the message)

Since this isn't a hardware issue, the moderators here will probably move this to the application compat forum.
    Want to know if your hardware will work on Windows 7? Check out these links: **Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor ** **Microsoft Logo'd Hardware List**
    Saturday, September 26, 2009 7:55 AM
  • Hi Old Bill,

A screenshot of the problem is apprecited.

How to capture a screenshot
    ======================
    1. Press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard when the error appear.
    2. Click "Start", type "mspaint" in the Search Bar and Press Enter.
    3. In the Paint program, click "Paste". Then click the "File" menu, and select "Save".
    4. The "Save As" dialogue box will appear. Choose “Save as JPEG picture”.
    5. Type a file name in the "File name:" box, for example: "screenshot", click "Desktop" on the left pane and then click "Save".

Please upload the file to Windows Live SkyDrive (http://www.skydrive.live.com/) and share the URL with us.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 3:36 AM