none
Can I Export Installation ID IID and the Corresponding Confirmation ID CID For the Office 2010?

Question

• After Installation of Office 2010 on number of machines and Activated each independently I Need to Export the Installation ID and the coresponding Confirmation IDs returned from Microsoft for each Machine used for the activation process?

After search I Found a way that I can get them if I Install the key and activate using the VAMT tool and using Proxy Activation but in my case the machines Activated already independently without using VAMT.....

Thanks and Regards, Hesham Mansour
    Wednesday, December 08, 2010 12:49 PM

Answers

• Once you have installed the MAK keys and activated Office software, the software is perpetually activated, meaning you will not need to re-activate.  You will only have to re-activate if your hardware changes substantially.  It is not required to save your installation or your confirmation IDs.

Saving the confirmation IDs is useful when you constantly re-image your machines.  Every time you activate online with Microsoft, you are using up one activation on your MAK key.  If you save the confirmation ID, and you re-activate by applying the confirmation ID, then you will be activated, but you will not use up an activation.

It's OK that you've already activated and you didn't save the confirmation ID.  However, if you want to re-image your machine and install Office again, then next time you can use VAMT to save the confirmation ID.

Ted Way [MSFT], Program Manager, Microsoft Office: Enterprise Licensing, Group Policy, and 64-bit Office
    • Marked as answer by Hesham Mansour Wednesday, December 15, 2010 9:13 PM
    Thursday, December 09, 2010 8:58 AM
  • Thank You for your Effort, I'm also was searching for a way that I can export the CIDs from the machines but I didn't find also, it seems that the only way is by using VAMT tool as a proxy from the beginning,

But the CIDs is a very specific Info, Environment related and dependent on the IIDs of my machines only, so it's better to get a way to export these CID in case I had to make a reinstallation proccess at the same machines, so not to lose another count from my MAK key....

At last Thank you again for your concern.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 9:13 PM

All replies

• Once you have installed the MAK keys and activated Office software, the software is perpetually activated, meaning you will not need to re-activate.  You will only have to re-activate if your hardware changes substantially.  It is not required to save your installation or your confirmation IDs.

Saving the confirmation IDs is useful when you constantly re-image your machines.  Every time you activate online with Microsoft, you are using up one activation on your MAK key.  If you save the confirmation ID, and you re-activate by applying the confirmation ID, then you will be activated, but you will not use up an activation.

It's OK that you've already activated and you didn't save the confirmation ID.  However, if you want to re-image your machine and install Office again, then next time you can use VAMT to save the confirmation ID.

Ted Way [MSFT], Program Manager, Microsoft Office: Enterprise Licensing, Group Policy, and 64-bit Office
    Thursday, December 09, 2010 8:58 AM
  • Thank You for your Effort, I'm also was searching for a way that I can export the CIDs from the machines but I didn't find also, it seems that the only way is by using VAMT tool as a proxy from the beginning,

But the CIDs is a very specific Info, Environment related and dependent on the IIDs of my machines only, so it's better to get a way to export these CID in case I had to make a reinstallation proccess at the same machines, so not to lose another count from my MAK key....

At last Thank you again for your concern.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 9:13 PM