Content Physically Distributing to DP (Secondary Site), But Not Reflecting in Console For Most Packages RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys - 

Strange Issue.  Have a new 2012 1511 installation which currently has a single primary and two secondaries.  I've created a few Applications and distributed most to all 3 DPs last week.  For most of the Applications, content for one of the DPs is still stuck at Pending.  I've redistributed the content in the App's properties for a few of them and one of them actually resolved.

I've poured through logs and don't see anything that absolutely sticks out.  I distributed a new, small Application to all 3 DPs this AM and it worked on all 3.  I watched the distmgr.log of the one with issues and it reports two errors randomly and infrequently.

Failed to decrypt cert PFX data

RegQueryValueExW failed for Software\Microsoft\SMS\DP, PxeInstalled

RegReadDWord failed; 0x80070002

I also compared the size of SCCMContentLib on each of the two remote DPs (which have had the same Apps distributed to them) and both matched 100% - so  - the content is getting there seemingly, but it's not telling the primary.

These errors seem to be related to site migration, yet this was a new site setup from scratch.  I've compared basic IIS settings, site settings, certs, etc.  The certs seem a little off, but don't know if that's the issue.  Considering just reinstalling DP role as the content sent so far is only 2gb.

Thoughts?  Thanks for your help!

Ben K.

Monday, February 22, 2016 6:05 PM

All replies

• Do you have either of them configured as a Pull DP? 

Best, Jacob I'm a PC.

Monday, February 22, 2016 7:39 PM
  • Where are you seeing the word, 'Pending'?  Is it in the AdminUI?  If so, where in the AdminUI?

Terry Wallner

Monday, February 22, 2016 8:52 PM
  • Dear Sir,

Sorry, I'm trying to clean up some old posts. May I know if there is any update of this problem? Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:26 AM